What We Do
Examples of How Status Code Data Can Be Used
- Example 1: Identifying inaccessible pages
- Example 2: Identifying redirects and redirect type
Benefits of Technical SEO Data
The status code returned by a URL, such as 200, 301, etc.
Raptor’s web crawler collects this data for every accessible resource on a site.
Within the column for ‘Status Code, there many potential values that can be returned for this:
These are the most common status codes (see descriptions below) but there are many more than this.
There are over 70 status codes and most of them never come up, that said we return this value for every URL crawled. Here are the most common ones, but again this is a very small amount of the total status codes that we can identify:
- 200 (the best one to have… It means everything is good!)
- 301 (Permanent redirect – a page has moved)
- 302(Temporary redirect – a page has moved for a while)
- 400 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 401 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 402 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 404 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 500 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 501 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
- 502 (Something has gone wrong most of the time)
The examples below show how Status Code data can be used for SEO.
Raptor’s web crawler provides you with a simple way of filtering out pages that are inaccessible for any reason.
You can quickly and easily filter and sort to see how many redirects there are on a site and what type they are (301 / 302).
The list of guides below might be useful if you are analysing technical SEO data and want to know more about it:
Related column headers in Raptor website crawler reports for this topic are as follows:
There are several main benefits to analysing technical SEO data, some of the more popular ones we’ve listed below:
- Identify Inaccessible page
- Identify HTTP/S duplication issues
- Identify STAUS CODEs
- Identify Response codes
- Fix Broken Links
No Credit Card Required - Free 30-Day Trial. Identify Technical Issues Quickly & Easily